Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I can't believe another year has passed! I know....sounds so "cliche", doesn't it? But it's true. It really doesn't seem like it's been that long since I filed my income taxes. LOL

I have to get my taxes done early this year. No waiting until April to start on them. I gotta get them done so we can file the financial aid application for darling daughter to go to college. Nothing like a little incentive to light that fire under you know where!


Speaking of the new year, how did you celebrate? Hubby and I were home alone....no big surprise there. We've been "practicing" all year for the empty nest. Or, I should say, Leslie has "allowed" us to practice. ROFL Anyway....we had a little bonfire in the backyard. Here's a picture of Mark and our dog, Sam.
Doesn't it look Frosty? It was actually pretty warm by the fire but even so, this transplanted southerner didn't last long! My tootsies were frozen! Here's a closeup of those trees you see off in the distance:
We cooked steaks over the fire, made some steamed shrimp and green bean casserole to go along with it, ate like pigs, and fell asleep on the couch before 10pm. How's that for a celebration???

I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you the best of the best in 2008!

piecin' love,
Terri

p.s. here's another (better) picture of the Women's Voices Quilt from my previous post. It was taken the weekend of the retreat when I finished it. That's Sandy on the left, me on the right. Everyone else was taking pictures and cheering (they were as happy as I was to see it finally finished!). :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful New Year celebration to me!
TerriW

Lisa said...

Great snow photos, it sure does look cold. I love your quilt!